Saturday 31 May 2014

Winters !!

The advent of the new year brought along with it the mystically enchanting cold, that at times is a nosy intruder, getting inside perniciously and squirming the insides, but mostly is like a harbinger of merriment and solace. Nothing is more peaceful than sitting in the silent warmth of the sun and trying to observe the serenity of the world around. The chirping of sparrows perched on a tree branch, the bitter baritone of crows , the distinct rustle of the whispering wind, the mystique generated by fog, the gradual disappearance of fog during day appeasing the spirit ; winter endows me with an opportunity to clearly perceive the gifts that nature endows upon us. Also for a die hard romantic like me winter is the time to rejoice love. The slow felicity that seeps in with the unobtrusive yet noticeable arrival of the winter teems the heart with emotion and overwhelms me to the hilt during the day . The entire notion of having someone to embrace during the cold to provide you with warmth brings a simper to my face. The yearning period, the melancholy that strikes in the absence of this someone, the drawing of parallels from a million places, all attain a superlative degree during the winters.The ideal setup for a perfect day for me would have to be a winter morning, me with my someone surrounded by nature all around, two large mugs of cappuccino, basking in the winter sun, and listening to Bob Dylan.But then, perfection is hard to attain, and i shall in all probability hanker for such a moment to overwhelm me throughout my lifetime without actually witnessing it(winter pessimism). One more thing that comes along with the winter is a sullen pessimism. While the day fills my heart with merriment and felicity, the sanguinity is engulfed by the dark along with day and a premonition of something calamitous fills the heart and makes a cynic out of me. With so many facets attributable to it, winters to me are enchanting and enigmatic.Enchanting as thy let me experience the peaks and depths of life. enigmatic as i am still not sure about what exactly do i feel towards winters and hence am awed by the enigma. Although i would not be wrong in saying that I prefer summers over winter in spite of their monotony as the troughs and the crests of winters at times are too much to handle, for me, winter is the season to experience the extremities of my thought process and to rediscover myself and my outlook towards life.
As Albert Camus aptly quoted-"in the depth of winter i finally realized ,that within me lay in invincible summer."

and with this post turning out to be as confusing as my thoughts about winter, it would be base treachery to suggest that i am not fairly pleased with the way its turned out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment